Sunday, April 25, 2010

AUTHOR SARA GRUEN TALKS ABOUT WATER FOR ELEPHANTS AND ROB

Author of Water for Elephants 4/25/10

Sara Gruen, author of the fab Water For Elephants, will be at Syracuse on Tuesday April 27th but she gave the university a detailed interview beforehand.

Sara talks about how WFE almost didn’t get to pitch a tent:

“Water for Elephants” sat on the slush pile for, I think, nine months before anybody got around to reading it. And it almost didn’t sell. At all. So I think it took me a good, long time to know that it was OK, that I was going to be able to keep doing this. To be perfectly honest, I’m still poking myself.

Sara mentions how Rob is the answer to all things cool at school:

I think the Robert Pattinson thing raised the stature of my oldest child in the school because all the girls are crazy about him.

More of the authors interview here.

Thanks to H20FORELEPHANTS

Share/Bookmark

0 comments: