Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Robert Pattinson Talks Oscar With C M Jornal Newspaper (Portugal)

Google translate: “An Oscar is the dream of an actor” Robert Pattinson told the CM with humor and relaxation on their role and career: How would you define Eric Packer (main character in ‘Cosmpopolis’): it is just a sort of bizarre or is a visionary? Robert Pattinson – Just like a weird (laughs). I think he is a person who is desperately looking for something but not sure what it is. Basically, no one is visionary, the world repeats itself. But it was Don DeLillo’s visionary writing the book from which the film is adapted? Because the action is passed 12 years ago, is current and reflects the state of the global economy … Yes, that’s mad. But at the same time, the collapse of financial markets … it seemed obvious that would happen. Follow news about the economy, knows the reality of Europe? In general but not specifically. It’s weird. I know they’re all terrified of the situation … The dialogues of ‘Cosmopolis’ explores this theme but in a poetic, theatrical. Believes that there are people who speak anyway? It is a little theatrical, really. But Eric is a guy who does not share your world. In his universe, everybody speaks his language, behave as he wants. He is totally egocentric maniac, wants to be God. And how different is the Robert Eric? (Laughs) He has an amazing confidence and think no one can turn. While I … I become like each new conversation, every new party. I want to please those who talk to me. But it is a confident person … More or less. I’m more confident when all hate me. But they all love it, especially because of the success of ‘Twilight’. He accepted this movie thinking it would change his career and turn it into a player ‘seriously’ or was the fact that film with someone like David Cronenberg? I try to do all my work like a serious actor (laughs). And some people forget that I ever did in the past … But after the films of David (Cronenberg) are all so unique and individual knew it was important to make this movie. At the Cannes Film Festival, critics were divided, hated and loved the movie. Really care to critique? I am always surprised. I thought no one noticed the film (laughs). But I like to see such passionate reactions, in any sense whatsoever. And everybody cares about the criticism. I care what everyone says. I turn up to the girls (fans) out there will tell and maybe even going to like … And going back to film with David Cronenberg? Yes, a movie about the movie industry. Very funny and bizarre. Still do not know when we shot though because I have other projects … You think ‘Cosmopolis’ may be a film for Oscar? I do not know. I keep my expectations low. But winning an Oscar is the biggest dream of an actor … Completely. The actors are influenced by the premiums, it is as if they took a cacetada head. SOURCE:CMJornal LOVING THE OSCAR TALK!!! I already predicted it when seeing the first teaser for Cosmopolis.

0 comments: