Sunday, June 24, 2012

Great New Robert Pattinson Interview w/ "Sonntagszeitung" (Switzerland)

Robert Pattinson on his collaboration with David Cronenberg, life after "Twilight" and the mind of Kristen Stewart. The vampire, that was then. Christmas is still against the wacky long last "Twilight" film to the cinema, but the Brit Robert Pattinson, 26, plays no more leeches. In "Cosmopolis" he's a Geldhai that can be chauffeured in a stretch limousine across Manhattan. The movie based on a novel by Don DeLillo, directed the master director David Cronenberg. And Robert Pattinson is so definitely in the cinema of the adults arrived. Or not? Read the interview on the roof terrace of a luxury hotel in Cannes, he appears with a pink lollipop in his mouth. Does it taste good, Mr. Pattinson? Oh, I love those things. Do you mind if I suck? No. In a French magazine was Robert Pattinson was a star, now he is an actor. Do you agree with that? Funny how something works. As early as the trailer, "Cosmopolis" came out, I read: Now he's a real actor. I ask you, this trailer took 30 seconds, and I will not say a word in it. Who wants to tell? But it all depends on the phenomenon. Until now you were the biggest teen star and not an actor. Looks like it. My career started so actually only with "Twilight" really, the biggest thing you can think of. If one big out of nothing is, many believe it was a wrong career. One must first serve high. Will you miss "Twilight"? The acting, my vampire does not even by large developments. He can not die, he can not get hurt. Since it is difficult to develop new ideas. But ... But? I owe all these movies. Prior to "Twilight" I wanted to give up acting. My career did not get the ball rolling. Is it true that you fired from a production at the Royal Court Theatre were? Yes, the play "The Woman Before." Actually, I do not yet know why. But in retrospect, it was not bad. It thus became aware of me. "What a rebel," they said suddenly. Tom Riley had taken the time your partner ... ... what really bothered me: the time was also a featured role in a film filled with Juliette Binoche, which I really wanted to. But they also went to Tom Riley. Something was, then there appeared a review of the film was in, I was pretty good at it. Because of the history of theater we had confused the critics. In telling this story Robert Pattinson contagious giggles. He has it all, since the Juliette Binoche-movie of the time - 'Few Days in September "with John Turturro - is long forgotten. Therefore, the actress is now rising in "Cosmopolis" As a gallery owner to sell him in the limo for a quick round of sex and give him a millionaire expensive painting by Mark Rothko. He is too cheap. Yes, Pattinson makes itself extremely well as a millionaire Grosskotz, which does everything in his limousine. Actually, he wants only the hair cut, but it can be chauffeured across Manhattan. But on this day the streets are clogged, nothing works. In addition, his wife wants to divorce him, he seeks an assassin after life, and a doctor stated in the routine inspection, he had an "asymmetrical prostate." Is your prostate symmetrical, Mr. Pattinson? I've never been able to examine. All I speak after the film depends. Maybe I should go to some doctor. "Cosmopolis" will cause the prostate examination longest series in the world. The men are standing in line. In "Cosmopolis" They are seen in every scene, carrying a lot of responsibility. If you made the fear? And how! I had read the script, it was thrilling, but also misleading. Then came the call from David Cronenberg, in the middle of the "Twilight"-shooting. I had to decide on the same evening. A whole week I've had him but wait. He thought I had star quality. And I was just afraid. Of what exactly? The film is about uncertainty in a complex world. I did not find it easy to find the right tone. How did you manage? As I let myself fall completely. A feeling that I only knew of my performances as a musician. But it went: Always when I thought of nothing, sat on the scene. Otherwise called David Cronenberg: Stop acting too. You play a man who perceives the outside world through the car window. Come in with the paparazzi and fans, so you need to protect yourself, so before? What gets in from the outside, can I control. The pressure comes from me. I have the feeling of having to prove myself again and again. I do not want to be stuck in me. For the moment, Robert Pattinson has to worry about this. No week passes in which is not announced a new project with him. Below is a film in Iraq and a sloping road movie, nothing Streamlined. Pattinson is seeking such projects. In his private life, it seems to approach quietly: For two years he has been romantically involved with the "Twilight" co-star Kristen Stewart. You get a lot of film offers is determined as a youthful lover. Not really! Hard to believe. Maybe I spared my agent with it. But I find myself not particularly good in those roles. Simply enter a room and look super cool is difficult. But in "Cosmopolis" You are somehow super cool. No. This guy is just cool because it has a lot of money. This is something else. Does your girlfriend Kristen Stewart seen the film? She sat before me, at the premiere. I kept looking at the back of her head and thought, damn, it bores them, I will whisper something to her? But yes, they liked it. Are you after "Twilight" again occur to her? Absolutely. I'm writing a script for both of us. What is it? I can not say the book rights are still unclear. I do not know how long I'll work on it. One thing is certain: It will be great. Otherwise, people ask is: What do the two together? "Cosmopolis": 5th July at the cinema Source: sonnntagszeitung and translated by Robsteners

0 comments: