Saturday, June 23, 2012

Robert Pattinson Rocks A Smooth Style On 'Cosmopolis' Set.

Stubble is a crime when a man looks this good clean-shaven, writes Maggie Alderson. Rob. Pattinson. ROBERT. PATTINSON. Rarely do the heavens bestow such a bone structure on a human. He looks like something Zeus and his daughter Aphrodite dreamt up on a wet afternoon on Olympus.=== Aphrodite: ''Daddy, I'm boooooooored.'' ==== Zeus: ''Are you, my little honeybun? Let's play a game.''==== He pauses to think, scratching his head with the end of his lightning bolt. Zeus: ''I know - we'll create a human so beautiful it makes the others go mad.'' Aphrodite: ''Ooh, that would be so fun. Hmm, let me think … Got it! We'll make a young man with such a perfect face all women go soppy and mad with lust and longing when they see him.'' KERPOW! Zeus throws a bolt of lightning down to Earth, which lands in a suburb of south west London. We hear a baby's cry. Cut to poster for Twilight.==== I can also vouchsafe that Rob is even more astonishing in real life. The director of his first film (The Haunted Airman) is one of my friends and I went to see him on set, happening to walk past Rob's trailer when he was coming out of it in his WWII RAF uniform. I nearly fainted. My director pal had told me he'd cast ''a very interesting young actor'' in the lead, but hadn't prepared me for this. I couldn't believe someone could be so beautiful - and I've interviewed a lot of stars and supermodels. But I do wish he would shave more.====== This picture is a still from his new film Cosmopolis and he's wearing a Gucci suit. Doesn't he look fine? And the marvellous thing is that since discovering what an immaculately cut suit can do for a chap, Rob pretty much always wears Gucci for public appearances. Now he just needs to catch up his face grooming.====== What makes this picture so striking is that it combines his new suit style with the clean-shaven face demanded by the character he plays in the film. The only other time I've seen him like that is the prom scene in Twilight.===== What? Hello? Sorry, just had to pick myself up off the floor here. So, knowing what he looks like without it, it's such a waste of that improbably perfect jawline to besmatter it with scruffy stubble, the way he does. I can only think it's his way of coping with his shocking beauty. ====== From my brief experience of him (and that wasn't the only time I met him, oh joy), I can report that he's very nice and very shy. It must have been bewildering to have suddenly become such a focus of obsession. So I reckon the face fur is a small barrier between him and the all-staring world, when he's on the promotional roll and can't go the sunnies/baseball cap celebrity hideout shell.====== So other men, please take note. There are some blokes - Tom Ford springs to mind - who can work the almost-beard, but most chaps (and I hope my husband is reading this) just end up looking a bit dirty.====== I can see that shaving every day is a bore, but if Rob Pattinson looks a bit rough stubbled up, can you really afford to go there? Source: Smh.com

0 comments: