Friday, August 17, 2012

David C. On Robert Pattinson Surprising Him &Offer Him'50 Shades of Grey'&He'll Read It

How did Pattinson surprise you? He literally surprised me every day, as he read dialogue and interacted with the other actors. We were throwing different factors at him almost very day because of the stucture of the screenplay. He really has extended scenes. With one actor at the end, Paul Giamatti, he really let it fly, in that he didn't cling to a preconceived idea of what he should be doing. He reacted spontaneously to other actors as they surprised him and he surprised them. He was terrific and not predictable and dead-on accurate. Have you read "Fifty Shades of Grey"? I haven't read it. It's not new. I remember "The Story of O," that popular French S & M novel was made into movie. It's old stuff to me in terms of subject matter. The fact that it's current and a big hit is new. Even Tony Richardson's "Madame" had elements.=== You'd be a good candidate to adapt the book for the screen. You dealt with S & M sensitively in "A Dangerous Method." Focus has got the rights. I wouldn't have any qualms about it for myself. If Focus offered it to me I'd read it. Read the rest on the interview HERE. === MY TWO CENTS: I hope EL James hears about David's willingness to direct 50. David's genius would bring out quirky high quality elements that would probably blow us away....in a good way tho. Haha. I'm really liking this idea as my mind processes it.

0 comments: