Friday, August 17, 2012

David Cronenberg Talks Robert Pattinson Getting Herzog's "Queen of the Desert"

Was there a point during shooting where he realized, "Hey, I am good enough for this," or did you have to encourage him constantly? Cronenberg: No, it's not like he's so insecure or anything like that. I never saw any of that on the set. I know he was constantly checking himself out and wondering if it was good, but I didn't feel that he needed an inordinate amount of that kind of encouragement, really. We just did it. He could tell. The best way for an actor to tell, ultimately, is that it wasn't long before we were just doing one or two takes of everything -- and that means the actor knows it's working. Well it appears that you've started something of a trend now David, because Werner Herzog has just cast him in his next film. Cronenberg: Well that pleases me no end, and I think that obviously this is what Rob needs. They just need to see that he's really, really good and really, really subtle; and that he can do a lot of different stuff. Once you break through that barrier then I think there'll be no turning back. Read the rest of the interview HERE.

0 comments: